Sunday, February 27, 2011

Time for a change!


This is me!




This post is going to be crazy personal so brace yourselves! I am a tad overweight. Now when I say a tad I mean like a bit more than a tad.... okay it is pretty bad everyone. I have decided however, that it is time for a change. I have to break the cycle for my kids. But also for myself. I don't want to yo-yo diet anymore. I don't want to have tears come to my eyes when I try on clothes. The shame spiral I go into when I weigh myself is almost impossible to get out of. It is time to get my confidence back and get my figure back! Or any figure for that matter! I am going to start doing the Body For Life program. You can read more about it here. The book is a good read! It changed most of the ideas I had about losing weight. The program was created by Bill Philips and it is awesome! I will give you the skinny on what the program entails. The program is 12 weeks long. It is a six meal a day plan. With each meal including a lean protein, a quality carb and two meals a day also include a vegetable. A sample meal would be a piece of chicken breast that has been sautéed, a small potato and a serving of broccoli. The best part? The free day! One day a week you can eat whatever you want. You are actually encouraged to literally eat whatever you dang well please. There are pretty specific workouts that go along as well. I am planning on doing my own workouts though.

I am hoping to have some more accountability by posting my progress on my blog. Hopefully everyone will be supportive and keep any mean comments to themselves! Haha! I am planning on posting my weight and the pounds lost every Saturday. I am also wanting to include some pictures and some recipes through out as well. Maybe a workout post or two. I would also like to do some guest posts. Hint hint!!

Now let's get down to the overwhelming scary as hell part, shall we?

Current weight: 230.4 lbs
Height: 5' 0"
Current BMI: 44.9


To get into the normal range on the BMI I have to weigh 115. Yeah I have to lose a whole person! That is the high end of the normal range too. I am not sure if it is possible for me to get that small but it is somewhere to start anyway. I feel like crying! Not only for the embarrassing and incredibly overwhelming facts but also that I am starting the journey. That feels good! My first goal is to lose 10% of my weight. I am looking at 23 pounds. Any advice and comments would be greatly appreciated!

this is the website I used for finding my BMI.

I am not being compensated for doing the Body For Life program. I chose the BFL program because it has worked for me in the past. I am in no way saying that it is the right program for everyone. There are many other ways to become healthy.

4 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you and will be here for you 100%!! We may not be doing the same program but the journey IS the same! Ain't no mountain high enough, aint no valley low enough to keep me from (supporting) you!!! love you lots!! Joy in the Journey!! Lets go get 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am here all the way for you too. This is so exciting! I feel a little stressed about putting my weight up here but no pain no gain right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. d00d!!! I love you sooooooooooooo much!!!! I am so glad that you are wanting to be more healthy for our family! We are both doing so well, lets keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanx baby! I am pretty pumped too!

    ReplyDelete