Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!


Happy New Year!!


It is 2011! I hope your new years eve was fantastic! Mine was quiet and fun. The only thing I would have changed is I would have dressed up! I kept thinking I should but never did. Oh well! Now I need to figure out what my resolutions will be. I have so many to choose from this year! What resolutions do you have this year? Help a girl out!

New years day at my house growing up meant the Bitner family party and hoppin john. We have hoppin john every single year. Hoppin john is a black eyed pea, carrot, bacon delight! It traditionally is made with a ham hock but my mom always put bacon in it. You put it over rice and it is so good! They make it onthe south and it is supposed to bring you good luck! Who doesn't need a little lucky charm every once in a while? Oh it sounds wonderful right now! What traditions do you have on New Years Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment