Monday, January 24, 2011

Looky looky what I made! Skinny ties!

I was inspired to make some skinny ties for Nick after I saw how crazy expensive they are! What can I say? I am all about the deals. Then along came this tutorial on design mom. What are the chances? I have been sitting on this little project for a while but I finally got around to it and I am glad I did! They are super inexpensive and crazy easy to make. Two of my favorite things! I spent 4 bucks total on the two ties at the DI and already had the notions for making them. I say 4 dollars for two silk skinny ties is not bad. I am already wanting to make a bunch more. No tie in my house will be safe! I am even planning on miniaturizing some ties for the Boy baby. He loves wearing ties when he sees daddy wearing ties! Maybe I will be getting some myself. I think I could pull it off. I wish I had taken some before pictures! They were eighties style wide ties.

Oh and if you haven't already you should really check out design mom! It is a great site. She has wonderful ideas and new posts all the time!

Check out my killer pictures! HA! That was a joke people! I asked Nick to channel his days modeling for Nordstrom's! Apparently he forgot how to do it in the last twenty years! You get the idea though, right?


Nice wrinkled shirt, eh?
He is awful sexy though! I like his wiggle! He he!



1 comment:

  1. How awesome! I am going to have to make these for my boy! He has noticed that I only sew for the girls so here's my chance to sew for him! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete