Monday, September 13, 2010

Purple mirror yo!!

I found this mirror at a garage sale saturday for count it- TWO BUCKS!! I was excited because I had seen tons of re-vamped mirrors all over the inter-web. I was thinking maybe white but yeah I went with purple! Totally opposite of white but what can I say? I love bright colors lately! BTW spray paint is the coolest thing! I may be obsessed with it! It went so fast and easy. It was so easy in fact that I doubt a tutorial is needed. A few tips however:

1. Clean the part you are painting really well. If you don't it can bubble
and peel.
2. Spray paint in a bunch of thin coats. So hard for me because I am
the least patient person alive!! It makes a big difference in your
end product though. No drips and ugly pools of paint.

Forgive the awful pictures! I will post a better after picture once a home is found for my rad mirror! Plus you can only do so much with a dinky digital camera. I am learning how to get the most out of it as we speak!










1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up! The mirror turned out awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete