Monday, November 22, 2010

Pumpkin muffin anyone?

You can hardly even call this a muffin! It is more like a cupcake. I call it a muffin because I can justify eating it for breakfast when it is called a muffin. A cupcake is harder for me to justify but I probably could if anyone needs! It is delish and so so so easy! Did I mention that it is super easy? cause it is! And the icing is tangy and cream cheesey goodness. I like me a good cream cheese icing. Plus the frosting is also super simple to make. Great combo- they are both great tasting and come together really fast.

Pumpkin muffin/cupcake

1 yellow cake mix
1 15oz can of pumpkin puree
1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
(I just add cinnamon and nutmeg and cloves
to taste)
Mix all ingredients together until smooth. The batter is pretty thick! Bake @ 350 in a paper lined or greased muffin tin for 20-25 minutes.

* I added a bit of milk the second time I made these just to be able to incorporate all the ingredients.
* This makes 12 cupcakes


Cream Cheese Icing
1 8oz package cream cheese
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar

Combine cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Add butter a piece at a time beat until smooth. Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until desired consistency is reached. Spread it on something delicious!

*this is enough icing for 24 cupcakes. Or 12 really really thickly iced cupcakes. I just hate the idea of having half a pack of cream cheese laying around!

No comments:

Post a Comment