Friday, October 8, 2010

Day four! SCORE!

Day four is upon me. The pictures aren't great today. It was bright outside. I should have put on my rad sunglasses! They are huge and pretty space like. Any whoo! I only have 26 days to go. Not even the downward slope yet but I already feel like I have accomplished a lot. I am wearing mascara people!! That is a big step for me. Lets take a look at the pictures, shall we?



Bright sun! I had a vest on but my children goobered me before we even got out the front door today. So typical. Momma is a human napkin.






Another self portrait. This one is not so great. OH well! HAHA!

So my tip of the day includes a crazy easy recipe!
Tip #4
Use a sugar scrub to exfoliate your skin! Oh man it feels luxurious! The sugar exfoliates and the oil moisturizes! I hate lotion so this is a perfect solution for me!

The recipe is:

about a cup of any kind of sugar
(I like turbinado sugar for a body scrub and brown sugar for my face however you can use whatever you have on hand)
And about 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup olive oil. EVOO as the Rachel Ray says.





Mix well and use.






It keeps for about a week in your shower or a bit longer in the fridge. That is why you make so little. You don't want to be rubbing rancid oil on your body! Could you imagine? I have also added essential oils before too. You just add a few drops at a time until you get the strength of scent that you want. I like orange oil- it invigorates you. Or lavender- it relaxes. Make sure you research the oils though because some burn really bad when put directly on skin. It is great just like it is though.
I think I might do this as Christmas gifts for my girlfriends!




No comments:

Post a Comment